Professional term paper writing help and assistance.
Get unstuck from your writing jam
If you are a college student seeking expert writing help with essays, research papers, term papers and theses, you got to the right place. Use our guides, manuals and examples to excel in academia.
Where To Search For A Sample Of A Research Paper In APA Format
There are three main places that you can search for sample research papers that are in APA format. You can ask your tutor for samples, check online or go to the College or University Library and talk to the Librarian.
Sources in detail.
- Tutor/Professor. Asking your tutor may be the best first move in looking for a sample of an APA formatted paper. Your tutor may have already given the class an example of what is expected. The tutor may be able to give you samples of work by previous students. Your tutor will also have samples of APA formatted papers that may not actually meet the criteria. Sometimes seeing a poor sample and a good sample side by side as an illustration of what you should and should not do. You r tutor will also be able to offer suggestions and guidance.
- Checking online. There are several web sites that offer samples of APA formatted research papers. You may not be able to see all of the paper until you have either registered on the site or have parted with some money. You need to be very sure of the sources. If you are looking at published papers, they have gone through rigorous editing, so you may be assured of their quality and authorship.
- College or University Library. Talk with the librarian, they will have several samples at their finger tips. Similar to your tutor the librarian will have an understanding of the different referencing systems and they will also be able to offer you advice on the quality of the samples.
- APA referencing format is mainly used for Social Sciences and Natural Sciences (e.g. Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology), but it can also be used for other areas of study such Business and Biology.
- Currently we are using the sixth edition. Be aware that some examples that you find may not be using this version of referencing format. Check out online for a checklist of differences between the sixth edition and previous editions.
- When you locate your samples make sure that they are good examples of an APA formatted paper.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to search out samples of APA formatted research papers.
- Get a good formatting guide. A lot of Colleges and Universities have their 'useful tips' that can be found their website.
- When you start using APA formatting get someone to check your work, and make the changes yourself, that way you will remember how to do the formatting next time.